How To Apply For Voter ID Card Karnataka | Online – Offline
- How To Apply For Voter ID Card Karnataka | Online – Offline
- –>Eligibility Criteria:
- –>Documents required for applying:
- –>Procedure to apply for the Voter ID Card in Karnataka
- –>How to get the ID Card?
- –> How to Apply for the Duplicate Voter ID Card?
The Voter ID Card, also known as Electrol Photo ID Card (EPIC), serves as a document to establish one’s nationality and citizenship. This Voter ID is issued by the Election Commission of India and it primarily serves as an identity proof for citizens while casting their votes. Not only for casting votes, the Voter ID can also be used as Identity and Address Proof. The Voter ID number present on the card is unique for every cardholder. In this post let us see how we can Apply For Voter ID Card Karnataka.
Before taking you through the process of applying for the Voter ID Card, let us make you aware of the eligibility criteria and documents required to apply for the Voter ID.
- The applicant who is a citizen of India on attaining the age of 18 years or more on January 1st of the year.
- The applicant must have a permanent address in Karnataka.
- The applicant who is staying in a foreign country, who has not acquired citizenship of a foreign country, and has completed 18 years as on January 1st of the year.
- The applicant who is shifting his/her place of ordinary residence outside the constituency in which he/she has already registered is also eligible to apply.
–>Documents required for applying:
- Latest Passport Sized Photograph
2. Age proof (Any one of the following)
- High School Certificate / SSLC Mark Sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Passport/PAN Card
- Driving License
- Address proof(Any one of the following)
- Ration card
- Driving License
- Telephone bill or Electricity bill
Also Read – Karnataka Elections Results 2013
–>Procedure to apply for the Voter ID Card in Karnataka
There are two methods by which one can Apply For Voter ID Card Karnataka.
- Online Method
- Offline Method
1. Online Method for the application of Voter ID Card:
Step 1: Login to the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer i.e ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in
Step 2: Select the option ‘Enroll online as a voter’ and you will be directed to voterreg.kar.nic.in
Step 3: Register at the votereg.kar.nic.in with the username and password. After registering you will get a temporary username and password to proceed further.
Step 4: Login to the votereg.kar.nic.in using the username and password.
Step 5: Select Form no. 6 to register for a new Voter ID Card.
Step 6: Fill up the form with the required details such as name, age, address, etc.
Step 7: Upload your image and all other relevant documents as required in the form.
Step 8: Submit by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
Note: If you find any difficulty in submitting the Form no. 6 online you can take the print out of it and submit it to your nearest Electoral Office.
2. Offline Method for the application of Voter ID Card:
Step 1: Get the Form no. 6 from the Karnataka State Election Office in your area.
Step 2: Fill up the form with the required details such as name, age, address, etc. and paste your photo in the provided space and sign the completed form.
Step 3: Visit the Karnataka State Election Office and Submit the Form no. 6 personally along with the required documents.
–>How to get the ID Card?
Once you submit the Form no. 6 (Online or Offline), the officials of the Election Commission will verify the information provided by you in the registration form. Then the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your residence for the verification of the details. Once he/she confirms all the details and all the official formalities are finished, your Voter ID Card will be created. The same will reach you through the post within few months.
–> How to Apply for the Duplicate Voter ID Card?
The stolen ID Card may be misused, to avoid that you must immediately file a complaint if you have lost your Voter ID Card or if it has been stolen.
Steps to get a duplicate Voter ID in Karnataka:
- After knowing that you have lost your Voter ID Card has been lost or stolen, you must immediately file an FIR at the nearest police station.
- You have to submit a letter to the police station mentioning the loss of the ID Card with the relevant details.
- Once you have submitted the letter, Election Commission of India (ECI) will issue the Form 002, which will help you get a duplicate Voter ID Card.
- Along with the Form 002, you will have to submit documents like address proof and identity proof at the nearest Election Commission Office.
- Once you submit the said documents along with the Form 002, your application will be reviewed and if found genuine, the duplicate Voter ID Card will be created and sent to your place through the post.
So, today in this post, we learned how we can Apply For Voter ID Card Karnataka. Casting your vote is your right, apply for a voter ID card if you do not have it already and cast your precious vote in Karnataka Elections 2018.